Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hi. I'm a recovering crack head. This is my retarded sister that I take care of. I'd like some welfare, please.

let's see. what's happened since my last post...

the colts did their standard choke in the post season thing and went out in the first round. though this year they were led by a little yellow flag that was being rammed up their asses. best ref ever? you decide.

i've also come to the conclusion that we could have put a helmet on tumbleweed and he would have gained more yards on the ground for the colts this year.

a few months ago, we were told at work that we would not be getting raises or hiring new people in 09 to save from having to do layoffs and such. yesterday about an hour after i got to work, 5 people were shuffled out of the building and the great layoff that wasn't supposed to happen, happened. I'm happy to say i survived, though it does leave me with a dilemma. what do you do when your company says that you're good enough that you will not be fired, but at the same time has you doing the jobs of 3 people.....well, let me rephrase that. i was already doing 2 jobs, now i'm doing 3 jobs, but i'm replacing 2 more people so all said and done, i now do 3 jobs that normally 4 people would do. and i get paid less than what 1 person would normally make.

there in lies the predicament. i have a "steady" (steady until summer when we find out if there will be more layoffs) job and i like my job.

Pros:
I like my job
I have a job
I am important at my company and therefor have "job security"
The job is padding my resume like no ones business
My boss completely depends on me.

Cons:
I make less than market wage for 1 of my 3 jobs and worry about money to the point that i get tension headaches everyday.
My boss completely depends on me which means if i were to leave, i would be directly screwing him. (i makes me wish i didn't like my boss so much)
The jobs that i have are now twice as hard because i am now doing all of them completely by myself.



there are actually 2 departments at this company that the entire department consists of only 1 employee. and for both of those departments, i am that sole employee.

so the question is, do i want to bust my ass to the point that i get terribly stressed out while barely making enough money to pay bills as well as having the ability to buy groceries, or do i want to find a job that in all honestly, i probably won't like as much, won't get to do as much, might stress me out almost as much, but i make enough money that i can go home and not do calculations on if i can afford to buy a cheesy bean and rice burrito for $1.05.

life = grand
thank god heather is living at home. if the long distance thing was still going on, i'd probably die of a stress heart attack

1 comment:

KayGee said...

You are the rocket man or the wonderboy...either way I think you should stay (so we can sulk together)!