Wednesday, September 8, 2010

god forgive me for my sins

so at work it's come down from the mountain (marketing) that i have to put up a popup survey when people come to our corporate site.

every browser i have tried it in blocks it because everyone has a popup blocker now. the company that marketing got the survey though isn't good enough to make the popup editable so i can modify it so the popup blockers don't block it.

this project pains me in every way possible. I disagree with the survey and i VERY much disagree with making it a popup. sadly this is one of the few things i can't really fight. i just have to do it.

seriously though, words can't describe how much i don't want to do this. it makes me feel dirty. it makes me sad to have my name on the website i have built and maintained for the last three and a half years.

the best example i could come up with getting a brand new (insert your favorite car here) corvette and then slapping a 4ft tall dildo right on the hood. just flopping around as you drive. telling everyone as you drive around: "yeah, i've got a corvette. it's awesome. it's fast as shit, and yes....that's a giant rubber dick on my hood.."

if i wasn't at work, there would be a photoshopped example. hitler with cotton candy, yeah, i can do that at work. photoshopping a dildo is a little over the line.

though i guess it won't matter much because this is my last day at work. for you see, right after i put this popup survey on the website, i'm going to climb on the roof of the building, and hurl my pathetic popup adding body on to marketings car.

pray for my soul...here we go....

No comments: